Fall is here, even in the Sunshine state we’ve had much cooler weather and I am so excited. No more sweating like a pig.
How is the weather in your side of the world? What is your favorite time of the year?
I found some great and challenging quotes around the web this week and I just had to share them with you. “The dream we are to have are not about my glory, but about His glory”. That came from Gretchen from Life Lived Beautifully. Also from her mouth is our commission that was given to each follower of Christ to go and make disciples of all nations, baptize them in the name of the Trinity and teach them to observe all that I commanded you. Are you? Am I? What have you done this week that caused you to exit your comfort zone and go out into this lost and dying world and reach those who are dying without Jesus? Anything? What an awesome journaling prompt to help you go deeper with your Heavenly Father.
Another quote I found on the web this week but I could not find where it came from or the source “My enemies are God’s enemies”. Think and meditate on that for a while. God fights for us. God is my shield, He is my Champion. Those who oppose us are my enemies as well as God’s. Do not fear my child is the words I read over and over.
Speaking of journaling I have a few questions that you can ask yourself daily, weekly, monthly which ever works best for you.
- What is one thing I can do this day, this week, this month that will bring me closer to living the life that will please the Lord. Lord I want to live or be the me that brings You the most glory.
- What is the one thing you will do that will get you closer to God. What has God laid on your heart? What goal have you set?
- Is there one thing you can think of that stands in your way of number one and two above? Pray and seek the Lord.
- What have you been putting off in your personal relationship with the Lord? Why?
- What is the one thing you need to do right now to fulfill a plan the Lord has for you?
I began a new Bible study this week with Hello Mornings. If you are interested in a Bible study for moms who rise before their family and place God at the center of their life just drop me a line and I’d be happy to point you in the right direction. I am a group leader for this session on Twitter and I am also a Group encourager which leads a group of group leaders so I am pretty busy, but I am enjoying the study as I discover more and more about my Lord.
I’ve learned over the years that in Bible study and life to write down as many questions as possible! This admits you don’t have all the answers. It’s okay if you don’t have time to find all the answers. Still write down the questions. Because asking questions is important. Don’t filter or censor constantly ask God why questions. Be honest with God. Journal your questions. pray your questions and answers. You see a pattern in the questions and God answers.
Until Next Time,