Posted by: hugapoohlouise | April 7, 2011

Whew….It’s been a week.

Well, I have had one week.  I am still trying to figure what I did and how I did it.  It all began last Wednesday, when one of good friends called me to tell her daughter was diagnosed with stage 4 liver and pancreatic cancer.  Talk about a shock, she was my age.

Then on Thursday, I got one of my not so famous migraines.  I went to work and worked until lunch time and then I went to the doctor.  After a shot to help the migraine, I found out I had strep throat and sinus infection.  Yuk!  So I went home to rest.

Saturday, I went to visit my friend and her daughter.  To be there for them and to pray with them.

Sunday, we had rodeo round-up at church and we had dinner afterwards.  The girls had a blast riding the train and sampling all the desserts.  Then about 8:30pm Madison started complaining rather loudly that her stomach hurt and then she started crying.  So off to the emergency room which is over 50 miles away.  We arrived and we did not get released until after 3:30am.  After a stop for food we were homeward bound.  I got home at 6:30 am and had to take a shower and go to work.  After deadline day, which I was not prepared for and other things.  I returned home about 3:30pm.  Then I got to don my mommie hat and make dinner, clean house, wash dishes, clothes and prepare for tomorrow.  The girls didn’t go to school on Monday due to not feeling well and we got a storm while me and Madison were at the ER so Gabby didn’t sleep.  I think I finally collapsed into bed around 10:30pm.

Tuesday, back to work at the crack of dawn.  We received some pretty severe storms in our area.  I am so thankful they came during daytime hours.  Another full day at work.  We had riding lessons, sewing lessons to attend so our day didn’t end until well after 6pm.  Then we had dinner and chores.  All the while we were under a tornado watch.

Wednesday, back to work again with the roosters.  About this time, lack of sleep, illness finally was beginning to catch up with me.  So we skipped church so I could get some rest and relaxation.

Thursday we started all over again.  It was the end of the month so it is unusually hectic where I work at this time of the month.  Then we had our annual performance reviews to complete.  I came away with five stars which is the highest.  Thank You God for blessing me to do a good job on less than two hours sleep.  When I got home and did the usual mom stuff, the phone rang it was my friend whose daughter was diagnosed with cancer.  She said that it was getting close and could I watch her three year old grandson.  I said yes.  I didn’t know the little guy slept all day.  I couldn’t get him to go to sleep.  He was full of energy at midnight.  I finally got my girls to go to sleep around 9:30pm.  He was still going like the energizer bunny at midnight.  As I am propping my eyelids open with toothpicks.  Finally about 12:30 am he dozed off and fifteen minutes later the phone rang, they were coming to get him.  So I finally got in my nice warm bed around 1:15 am only to rise and shine at 5:45 am to get up and make the girls breakfast and myself a HUGE pot of coffee.  Then it was off to work again.

Friday morning I was dragging from a severe lack of sleep, illness.  My throat still feels horrible and yes I am taking all my medicine.  My body ached and felt tired.  Plus today would have been my mom’s 80th birthday if she had not passed away in 2006.  At least it wasn’t raining or thundering or lightning.  It was a beautiful day, a little on the chilly side.  About 1:30 pm my sleep deprivation really set in.  Thank God the phone started ringing to keep me awake.  My friend called again to ask if I could keep her grandson again.  Silly me, said yes.  So when I got home from work he was waiting for me.  He didn’t leave until 9:30pm and I get off at 3pm.  So as I write this post my eyes are beginning to droop.

The girls are watching Season one of the Jettison’s.  Remember those cartoons when you were a kid.

Soon as disc one is over we are headed for bed.  Pray that I get a good nights sleep so I can tackle tomorrow with the love of Christ in my heart and on my face.

Until Next Time,



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: